James Graves was the first doctor, who discovered this fatal disease in 1935 (so it’s also called graves disease), but he was not actually the first man who really discovered goitre, we can find enough information about goitre in Italian and Chinese old medical literature too. It is also listed in some books that ancient Persian herbalists discovered it natural cure in the mid of 12th century.
Goitre ore grave disease causes:-
The major cause of this disease is the insufficient quantity of iodine in daily diet. The second most common reason of goitre is an unbalance in thyroid glands. It can also be the cause of side effect of some auto immune disease or it may also transfer in a person as a hereditary disease. Mostly we noticed an abnormal size of thyroids in goitre. People who do not use natural foods in their daily diet and mostly like to eat preserved foods and dry fruits like peanut, almonds, etc can also easily suffer in this disease.
Symptoms of goitre (grave disease):-
It cause sudden drop in weight.
Goitre can also cause problem in breathing.
A grave disease patient think himself/herself most intelligent person in his/her community.
It may also interconnect with gastric or stomach cancer.
Natural treatment for goitre:-
- By eating thyroid glands of sheep and other animals you can successfully cure goitre.
- Use seaweed ash and iodine in your daily diet.
- Eating watercress is very beneficial in this disease; its paste can also apply on enlarged area of thyroid glands.
- If the cause of goitre is unbalance in thyroid hormones then using swamp cabbage with almond oil for few months naturally stable thyroid hormones level in your body.
- Applying paste of Flex seeds or mixtures of butter salad leaves on infected area also give a great relief in goitre.
- Beside these treatments you can also add fish, strawberries, blue berries, watercress, guava, pineapple, carrot, turmeric, onion, tomato, grapes and pure milk in your daily diet to get more favorable results.
Foods to avoid:-
Some foods are dangerous for goitre patients like bakery products made from white flour, white sugar, alcoholic drinks, smoking, coffee, tea, chocolate, can foods, foods made from artificial flavors, all type of fizzy drinks, etc.