Mediterranean diet is actually not a specific diet plan or a set of recipes for weight loss or a perfect body but it’s actually a way of healthy life style. This is a diet plan which is adopted by the people of Spain, Cyprus, Turkey, Greek islands and some Middle East countries round Mediterranean sea including Lebanon, Egypt, etc. You can say that this diet plan is a mixture of Greek Ionian diet and Aegean diet.
Ingredients of Mediterranean diet:-
Olive oil is the main ingredient o all Mediterranean recipes, (a new scientific study prove that the regular use of olive oil prolong human life and prevent from various serious diseases like heart attack, cancer, kidney failures, etc). The most commonly used foods and spices in Mediterranean recipes are saffron, fish, eggs, potatoes, honey, dry fruits, cinnamon, fresh vegetables and fruits.
What is Mediterranean diet Pyramid:-
Mediterranean pyramid is an eating pattern of meal, you can better understand the theory of this pattern by looking at the Pyramid picture, and this picture shows the eating order of various foods in Mediterranean diet.
Meats and sweets are on the top
Dairy products like cheese, yogurt, milk, eggs, etc are in middle position.
Grains, nuts, spices, olive oil, etc are on the base position.
Health benefits of Mediterranean diet:-
You can say there is countless health benefits of this so natural meal plan, few of most important features of Mediterranean diet are listed below.
- You can reduce up to 4 lbs weight in 15 days by using this diet plan.
- Mediterranean prevents from cardiovascular diseases.
- Prolong your life.
- Reduce cholesterol level and burn extra fat.
- All spices used in this meal plan are full of antioxidant properties, so it minimizes the risk of blood cancer, breast cancer, skin cancer, etc.
- It motivates to start exercises on a regular basis.
- Foods used in Mediterranean recipes are a good source of instant energy.
- It enhances your concentration power and also boost up your memory too.
- Consumption of virgin olive oil in all cooking foods gives you all health benefits of olive oil.
You can also compare it with Paleo diet, HCG diet, Dukan diet, Atkins diet and Gluten-free diet plan and then select the most suitable diet plan for your healthy life.